- Cleaning and Hygiene
- Smoking and your oral health
Smoking and your oral health
Most people today are aware that smoking is hazardous to our health, but many do not know that smoking can permanently damage or destroy oral and dental tissues. Smoking can cause some of the biggest dental problems which significantly affect your teeth and gums, so the best advice we can give you is to quit smoking now.
Here are the effects of how smoking is bad for your teeth and oral health:
- discolouration of the teeth
- inflammation of the gums (gingivitis, gum disease)
- gum infections (periodontal disease)
- chronic bad breath
- loss of taste buds
- tooth loss
- decrease saliva flow
- cancer of the mouth
If you would like to stop smoking, there are many options available to assist you in the process. We are happy to give you advice on the support groups available to you.
You may also be interested in...
- Ms Linda Guiraldenq under Hygienists and Dental Therapists
Linda has been an integral part of Bright Star for over 6 years.
- Oral Hygiene Tips under Cleaning and Hygiene
Brush twice a day
- Our Dental Hygienists under Cleaning and Hygiene
Prevention of dental disease starts with a regular oral hygiene routine at home. At Bright Star Dental we offer 2 in-house dental...
- Payment Options under New Patient
Bright Star Dental requests that all payments for treatment are made on the day of the appointment. We accept payment via:
- Toothbrushing Tip under Dental Health Month
Read more dental health tips here